Thursday, July 23, 2015

The incoherent rantings of a new cancer patient who's gone to the dogs...

Apologies in advance for the rambling incoherence, but this is Day 3 of Round 2 of the "big guns" (i.e., dose-dense) Adriamycin/Cytoxan chemo, and I feel like I've been sideswiped by a bus. Mmmm, butterscotch Snack Pack pudding. Not much is appealing right now, so I'm indulging in "food" that I'd not ordinarily touch with a 10-foot pole. Last round, I had intense cravings for instant boxed mashed potatoes and salty-as-hell jarred gravy. UGH. Ever-dutiful DH made a special trip to the g-store to obtain this garbage so that I'd be able to put something in my stomach. Woot!

Delicious, life-giving Gatorade. It's what's for breakfast! Urff. I've found that low-sodium "natural" Jif peanut butter and Nutella are rather palatable, so I've been spreading them on Kashi waffles for at least a modicum of nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment